Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Fun

I'm not supposed to weigh myself until June but I am feeling skinnier. I've read stories of people who say once they started working out they feel like they have more energy... Well I'm not one of those people. After about a week of working out I feel about the same but I have noticed that my house is cleaner and I don't sit around as much as I use too. So maybe I do have more energy but I'm too busy using it to realize that I have it, HAHA.

On Saturday, May 19, 2012 My husband and I took our 2 year old to the park to play for an hour then we put him in the stroller and went for a jog about the track. We went to South Lakes Park on the south side of Oklahoma City. The website says the track is 1-1/4 mile but we took a trail that went around a pond so I'm not sure how far we actually went.  We jogged/walked around in about 19 minutes. Now I have to say it was a very windy day and our stroller made a "kite" when the wind picked up so I was doing some resistance running at times.  My husband and I took turns pushing the stroller. We felt great after exercising!

Sunday was a very busy day! I work at our church as the Assistant Children's Director and my husband plays guitar with the worship group so we get to church at 7:30am and usually don't leave until 12:30pm. I have to set up tables and chairs for one of the classrooms so I got in a little workout that morning. =) I do attend the early service so after sitting up the classrooms I get to relax and focus on God! After service I'm usually on top of the world and ready for the day.  From 9:30 to 12:30 I'm usually walking or standing. After church we use to stop by a fast food restaurant on the way home to pick up lunch but now that we are trying to take better care of ourselves. I made sure there were plenty of quick healthy fixes at home for lunch.  I ended up have a turkey lettuce wrap and  a banana.  I had to eat, change and head out the door. My friend/boss talked me into doing the Red Mud Run, since one of her teammates had to drop out at the last minute. For those who don't know...the Red Mud Run is an 5k obstacle course. We went through shallow ponds, climbed a huge mud pile, climbed over several walls/wooden ladders/rope ladders, oh and I tried to run but mostly walked on mud, grass and gravel trials. I made the HUGE mistake of wearing capri pants and a long sleeve shirt because it was cold and rainy. When we finished my capris were touching my shoes, I swore they weighed 5 pounds but my husband weighed them and it was only 2 pounds. Still the next time I do it, and I plan on doing it again, I will NOT be wearing capris! Biker shorts and a t-shirt only!  So we finished the race and I picked up pizza and headed home. After taking a quick shower and eating a little too much pizza, it was time to run out the door again. We had to go back to the church for my disciples graduation. YEA!! We got home around 7:30-8pm and I was ready for be but there was still work to be done around the house. After we finished cleaning up and putting Cameron to bed I went straight to bed. I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 9:30 and I slept like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment