Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Funday

So after my long/busy Sunday I was ready to relax...but that will have to come later.  I had to take my car to the shop to fix the damage done from a little fender bender I had about a week ago, then I had to pick up a rental car. Today was also Toddler Time with the church group so we went and played at Jump Zone for about an hour. Cameron did not want to leave but I had to get home, feed him (and myself) lunch and try to get him to lay down for a nap before Christy came over at 12:30 to workout. I didn't quite have time to get him asleep so I put on a movie and told him to lay down and rest.  Like most 2 year old's he did not take a nap but I was surprised to see that he entertained himself for an hour while I worked out.  I checked on him a few times throughout our workout and every time I came in he had less clothes on, LOL, but thankfully he kept his diaper on.

I was really not looking forward to this workout. Still exhausted for the day before I was not sure I had anything left to give. I should have known that Christy would help push me just enough to get the last bit of energy out.  The first circuit focused on chest and back. I used free weights and the band. This time we worked out in my garage because of rain. So to get cardio in I did jump ups and step overs on the step (I'm not sure if those are the actual names). We also did side steps around my neighborhood as well as ran up and down the street 3 times. Christy said I ended up running about 3/4 of a mile! After upper body I worked out my glutes using the bands and yoga mat. I also did some dead-lifts and squats. I finished my workout with a few ab moves.  I felt worn out but energized! I finally got my son to take a nap and usually I would join him but today I decided to work on my blog. While typing this my arms are still shaky and earlier I had a hard time getting off the floor. I look forward to the days where I don't struggle as much but I'm so thankful that I have Christy right now to help me get over the brutal, getting started hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment