Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Living Up to the Name...

Killing it with Kilgore is NO JOKE!! On Monday, May 14, 2012 we met up at Earlywine Park. After a quick warm-up it was time for me to run a timed mile.  I was not looking forward to this and could not wait for it to be over.  I'm not a runner, have never been a runner, but would someday like to enjoy it more.  However, today was not that day! Christy ran with me which helped because I didn't want to slow her down.  I had to push myself to keep going and before I knew it we had made it to the half mile mark, WOOHOO! After a quick walk to catch my breath we were jogging again. Once I saw the finish line I gave it my all, which wasn't much considering I couldn't feel my legs. LOL! I finished in a little over10 minutes, YES! I was ready to call it a day but no such luck. It was time for circuit training.  I was actually excited after I caught my breath. She had me do a lot on the pilates ball (one that I've had from looong ago). I didn't realize how much I missed that ball. Today's focus was on the chest, abs, back and glutes. I love workouts where you can work more than one body part at a time and not really know it. With the pilates ball you have to engage several muscle groups to keep your balance. If you don't have one I suggest getting one. A bonus is that kids love them too!

On Tuesday I had to work and since Mothers Day Out is over I had my trusty sidekick, Cameron, with me. I didn't workout  but I did sit on the pilates ball while watching a little TV and worked out my abs a little. We also went on our evening walk but I didn't get much out of that because Cam wanted to "ride" his trike and since he doesn't know how to pedal, we go pretty slow. Good news is...I've lost 5 pounds!!

That brings us to Wednesday, May 16, 2012.  I woke up not feeling very well, and there was a little voice in the back of my head saying "just call and reschedule" but I knew I would feel better if I worked out so I just sucked it up.  Christy came to my house during Cam's nap time. Of course he ended up waking up as soon as she got here so that didn't really work.  I started off with a quick jog down the street and back to get warmed up.  Then we started the "Tank Top Workout". I now know why I don't like to wear tank tops... At one point I seriously thought about just moving somewhere that's always cold because I don't like to workout my shoulders!  We used bands today and did some resistance training.  I did shoulder press, triceps kick backs, and push-ups. I also did some abs move on the pilates ball again. Oh, and she threw in some more walking lunges and a funny, sumo walking move.  My son thought we were acting like tigers. =) We finished the three circuits early so we stared back at the top and went through most of it again.  Did I mention that it was HOT today!?! I took lot's of water breaks and some shade breaks too.  Since my son did not nap he was outside with us for most of the time (when he wasn't running in and out of the house bringing all his trains outside). He did try to do the lunges and stretchering with us.  I like that I'm learning to workout with him around because I used him as my excuse for that past 2 years, I can't remember what excuses I used before him... But now that I know I'm teaching him how to take care of his body by taking care of mine, there are no excuses to make!  






1 comment: