Sunday, May 13, 2012

Week 1

Monday, May 7, 2012 - AND THE WINNER IS.... I found out I won the Killing it With Kilgore contest...3 months free personal trainer service from Christy Kilgore.  After the shock & excitement of winning wore off, a nervous feeling come over me. What have I gotten myself into? Could I seriously do this? Would I be able to continue blogging about our journey together?  Could I hire a ghost writer to help with my blogs? LOL.

Tuesday, May 8th - LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!  Christy and I met at a local cafe and talked about our expectations and I filled out some necessary paperwork.  She gave me some homework...motivation board, food journal, and the dreaded before pics and measurements. When I left I was feeling confident and excited.

Thursday, May 10th - THE FIRST WORKOUT! So my week was really busy but we found an hour to get in a good workout.  We decided that she would come to my house during my sons (Cameron or Cam for short) nap time and we would enjoy the beautiful weather by doing an outside workout.  Christy came to my house (on time) and did a quick set up of equipment in my backyard.  Then we were off for a quick jog down my street to get warmed up. I was a little nervous/embarrassed to be jogging down the middle of the street but then a neighbor cheered me on and I couldn't help but smile.  She had it set up to do circuits which included step ups, push-ups, walking lunges, triceps dips, abs and a quick 2 laps around the yard every so often to keep my heart rate up.  She explained each move and what muscle to focus on, which helped get the most of my workout. She also helped me with ways to focus on form. Christy was very good to modify moves for me and let me take water breaks or rest when I felt the need.  She was also very understanding when my son woke up from his nap and joined us. I felt bad because I had to run inside a few time to take care of his needs but she didn't mind and got me back on track. Towards the end of our session Cameron brought out his step stool so he could workout with me. This made me smile!  He just might became my little workout buddy.  Now this workout was not easy but I enjoyed it and I look forward to our next session.

Sunday, May 13th - STILL SORE. I woke up Friday and was pretty sore but had a full day ahead of me so there was no time to think about it my aching muscles.  I had a doctors appointment and blood work done in the morning, lunch with a friend that afternoon then it was back home to clean house and pack for a quick trip to see my parents.  I didn't get a workout in but I was careful not to eat too bad.  I also had a head cold creeping up on me with a lovely ear ache that wouldn't go away.  After a good nights sleep I woke up Saturday barely able to move and to top it off I had a full blown head cold.  The pain in my ear was almost unbearable.  We had a pretty busy day planed but I wanted to get in a quick workout before it got crazy.  My parents live in the country and have a pretty long drive way so I decided I would jog the length of it a few times. As I headed out the door Cameron insisted that he join me and he kept up with me until he discovered some water puddles that he had to jump in. After I got my heart rate up I found a step to do step ups on and set my timer for 1 minute and started stepping. I kept stepping and stepping wondering when the glorious sound of the timer was going to go off. Then I looked down to see that I had set the timer for 1 HOUR instead of 1 minute.  So I ended up stepping for almost 2 minutes, HAHA. Before I could try to figure out my next move my son had decided he needed to go on a John Deere Gator ride RIGHT NOW! So we loaded up and had a little family fun riding though the fields and even stopped to pick some flowers.  When we got back I did a few jumping jacks and push ups before getting ready to visit with family and friends.  After lunch my husband and I headed back home for a date night while Cameron stayed with my parents.  We went out to eat and then enjoyed walking around the Myriad Garden and rediscovered downtown Oklahoma City. We also found a Children's Garden/play area that we can't wait to take Cam to. I'm so glad that we are become more active and can't wait to discover more things that we have been passing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment