Monday, May 28, 2012

Ready for the Weekend!

It's been another busy week. On Tuesday I was running around getting the house clean and ready for the in-laws visit. Then on Wednesday we attended a funeral.  My father-in-law's sister passed after battling cancer for several years. It was a wonderful service for a great woman with a beautiful soul. It was great to see family that we haven't seen in a long time and it was also encouraging to find out that some of them are reading my blogs and cheering me on! Thanks ladies! After the funeral the church served the family lunch. We had BBQ...MMMM! I love BBQ but since I'm trying to eat healthier I had to be careful. I ended up eating about 3 ounces of brisket, two small spoonfuls of baked beans, about a 1/4 cup green beans, a slice of white bread (the sauce was spicy and it helped cool down my mouth). I also had a small, delicious serving of peach cobbler, it's my favorite and I couldn't pass it up.
Before we left that morning I started dinner in the crock pot...chicken, onion and bell peppers. When we walked in the door the aroma of pepper and onion filled the air. It smelled sooo good. I took the chicken out and put it in the mixer to shred it and it turned to dust instead. Yep, I overcooked the chicken and it was DRY! So needless to say, homemade chicken tacos was a bust =(. We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant instead. I ended up having 5 chips with salsa while I waited for my chicken taco salad to arrive. This is a big difference in how I use to eat out. I would mindlessly eat chips, cheese dip, flour tortillas before eating two chicken enchiladas and some rice. I have to say I wanted to dive into all that yummy food but it felt great to only eat what I needed! 

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - I met Christy at Earlywine Park at 9am to workout. I started by running about a quarter of a mile before starting. Christy and I noticed that I'm getting faster! First circuit focused on biceps, triceps and shoulders. She had me do supersets, which is working the same muscles group in different ways without resting in between. After a quick jog around to get heart rate up, it was time to focus on core. We did some fun moves on the Pilates ball. She had me plank, push-up and do superman while I alternated lifting one leg and the opposite arm. OUCH! I felt great after my workout! I also enjoyed working out in the morning and since Cameron never takes naps, I think we will be enjoying early workouts more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment