Saturday, June 9, 2012

Stronger

Well it's been about a month since I started Killing it With Kilgore! Monday, June 11th I will be running another timed mile to see how I've improved.

As usual it's been a crazy week. Christy sent me a workout to do on my own Monday. I felt like I breezed through it. I was a little sore on Tuesday but could not wait for us to meet up on Wednesday to see what Christy had in store for me.

I met Christy at her house Wednesday morning and she had made a tougher workout since I'm getting stronger!! How exciting, after only a month of training with Christy I am now stronger and have to be challenged more. This make me very happy! She had me do double duty. I did squats with curls and alternating lunges with hammer curls. I also did triceps kickbacks with a bar, which I really liked. It seems like I did something else but I can't remember, like I said before it's been a crazy week! I love doing my chest workouts on the stability ball because you have to engage your glutes and core to keep your body straight. I really feel like I get a great workout doing this. So I did chest fly, back fly, back extension, and chest press all on the stability ball. I also did rows and shoulder press with the bar. Since I'm getting stronger, sorry but I LOVE saying that and since I've worked hard for it I don't mind repeating it. =) She had me do a set of 4 or 5 moves, doing 10 to 12 reps each and repeating the set 3 times. I'll tell you by the third round I'm ready for it to be over! I ended up walking/running 1.25 mile. I have been sweating and grunting more during my workouts and that makes me fill like a bad mama jama! LOL!

Thursday was my husbands company picnic and we enjoyed having family fun time at the park. I didn't workout but we did play frisbee and explore the park with Cameron.

Fat Burning Friday! That's what Christy called it and it was not a lie!!!! O-U-C-H! To warm up I walked/ran half mile on the treadmill. She still had me doing a set of 4 to 5 moves, 10 to 12 reps and repeating the set 3 times.  This workout took a little longer because my glutes and legs where still sore from Wednesdays workout. Let me remind everyone of how accommodating Christy is. I forgot to bring my medicine ball and she had created this workout using the ball several times. I felt bad that she had to modify with dumb bells but she was awesome in doing so! I started by doing a catch, squat, across, toss move which would have been easier with the ball but we made it work using a dumb bell. I moved right into 3 angled lunges, then wall ball squats and plie squats picking up weight and putting it back. After doing this three times we did side steps and crossovers the width of her back yard and then right into the next circuit. Stabilized bicep curls, triceps dips, triceps kickbacks with band, bow and arrow with band (AWESOME move) and modified push-ups on blocks. After finishing the third set I jumped on the treadmill and ran a full half mile! I didn't think I could do it but I was so happy when I finished!! I love the benefits that I'm seeing from sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment