Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Progress

A month ago I ran my first timed mile in 12:51. On Monday, June 11th I ran another timed mile to see my progress...11:06!!! The fist time I ran I had to walk around the half mile marker. Not this time, I ran the full mile. The last quarter mile I told Christy that my body wanted to quit so I had to do really push myself to keep going and before I knew it I had finished. What a great feeling! We did a light workout after and I ran some more. I could not believe how quick my recovery time is now. I also weighed in on Monday and I've lost a total of 7 lbs! I have to say, I thought the it would be greater than that but knowing my once flabby body is becoming more tone and all my clothes are becoming really baggy, i think 7 lbs is great! Christy was also happy with my weight loss and said that losing about 2 lbs a week is a good average. The slower it comes off the longer it stays off! Another big accomplishment was I did 3 sets of 10, yes 10 modified push-up on the ball. I had a hard time doing one the first time. I was just going to do 5 but I felt stronger and wanted to keep going!
 I'm so happy with the progress I'm making. I'm thinking a new wardrobe is in my future =)what a great reward that will be.
 I can't believe all the positive changes that have come from working out for an hour, two to three times a week. When I workout I give it my all. I'm sweaty, smelly, and fatigue after I finish my workouts. I always try to make the best of the hour. Sometime this is really hard and the lazy girl in me tries to come out and say you've done enough just slow down but I know that I will feel better if I give it my all and I can rest once it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment