Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything

CRAVINGS...
If you follow me on Facebook you already know this but for those who don't....
I have craved a lot of things before; pizza, sweets, soda, beer, hot wings...the list goes on and on. Well, on Wednesday, June 13th I had a strange craving to workout!  I tried to ignore it but just like most my cravings it would not go away.  So I indulged and made up a quick workout of things that Christy has taught me.  I felt great afterwards! I never felt this good after breaking down and eating ice cream or burger and fries. Christy said that she craves exercise but I didn't think it would happen to me or happen so quickly. I mean, I've only been working out for a month but I do have to admit that it's nice to crave something that is good for me, for once.

WHAT'S NEW...
As if it wasn't hard enough to fit in workout I know have a two day commitment that I have to work around. We have started VBS (Vacation Bible School) work days at my church. A lot goes into VBS at St. Andrew's UMC and so we have a group of mostly women that get together at the church twice a week to make decorations and help prepare for the week when we get to teach young children about God! I love that I get to have this time to build friendships while being crafty.  The group of ladies that I see most Sunday's in passing have started to notice my weigh loss. It's nice to hear "hey there skinny!" and "those pant's you're wearing are looking pretty baggy." I have to wear belts now with all my pants and shorts! I want to run out and buy new clothes that fit but since it's only been a month and I plan on losing more weight, I will refrain and look like a slob just a little longer.

CAMERON...
I realized that I have not mentioned my sweet Cameron lately in my blogs. Since school let out for summer we have been meeting at Chrsity's house and her boys have been playing with Cam while we workout. It's funny because after the first day Cameron was asking to go play with "his boys"LOL. It took me awhile to figure it out that he was talking about Christy's sons.  They are older than Cam but they are great with him.
When I workout by myself at home I use to go to the garage but because Cameron has scared me several times I now workout inside. He likes to hide and is really good at being very quite while I call his name over and over as I look everywhere inside and outside. Even when I start to panic and scram his name, he's still quite as can be. When I finally find him, he smile that cute smile and says "you find me!". If only he knew what this did to me!!! I guess the good thing is that it gets my heart rate up without doing cardio, HAHAHA!!

WEIGH IN....
Since I weighed in on Monday, I have tried to pay better attention to what I eat in drink. I climbed back on the scale again today and was happy to see 170! That's right folks, this girl has lost 10 pounds!! Now usually I would celebrate such an accomplishment with a food reward of sorts. This time I just smiled, looked in the mirror and admired my slimmer body for a second and then when on about my day.




1 comment:

  1. So proud girl! Hard work and discipline does pay off! You are well on your way to tank tops (in public) ~ woo hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete