Sunday, August 5, 2012

Obstacle Course

CHRISTY IS BACK IN TOWN!!!!
So I may be just a little excited that Christy is back from her vacation. I'm a little jealous too, she said the weather was around 75 to 80 degrees and they played outside all day long.  It's been 100 plus for weeks now here in Oklahoma. I'm use to the fact that summertime here means if you want to do anything outside you have to start early in the morning or wait until (later than I can stay up) night. So the hot weather has been added to my list of obstacles to overcome.

WEEK OF JULY 30 - AUG 4
I did better at keeping up with my workouts. I woke up early on Monday and ran 1.25 miles, Tuesday I met up with Christy for a great workout. On Wednesday I waited until Cameron took his nap and did Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown, that I check out at the library. Took Thursday off but had a full day of house hunting with the mother-in-law and of course Cameron was with us. Friday I woke up early and did  a workout that I created. It was harder than I thought it would be but it felt good outside so I didn't mind. Oh, and while I was doing my warm-up run I kept having to pull my shorts up!! 

I went on a girls weekend, well actually half weekend trip. My friend picked me up late Friday afternoon and we headed to another friends house in Dallas. We had dinner and drinks. I felt like I ate pretty well. I had crab stuffed salmon with asparagus but it had a creamy sauce on it that I tried to avoid but it was so yummy I'm pretty sure I had more than I needed. Saturday we got up and went shopping.  I didn't want to buy too much since I'm still trying to lose weight so I just bought a skirt and a pair of capris. After a late lunch we headed back home.

I ended up having a few sodas on Saturday because I was so tired but later I realized that I was still tired and I had heartburn. Not a good choice! Also, I didn't prepared for our shopping trip by taking almonds or something to snack on. So for our late lunch I ate too much and too fast.I didn't eat dinner either because I was so full from lunch. I'm just glad that is not my normal eating schedule.


So I'm going to try to continue my workout plan of working out a least 4 day a week but I'm going to focus on my eating habits. I know that if I eat health I feel better but for some reason I don't always make the best choices when it comes to picking the right foods and drink. So aging...NO SODA'S and think before I eat. Oh and always have water and snacks with me. =)

Oh and on a side note...I'm loving the Olympics!! I think that is partially why I have been working out more. Those athletes are amazing! Just thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment